Sinigang na Tahong RecipeAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 3 Tbsps. (45 ml) Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup (220 g) Onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsps. (15 g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (40 g) Ginger, peeled, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup (45 g) Tomato, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (150 g) Gabi, peeled
- 4 cups (1000 ml) Water
- 30 pcs. (650 g) Mussels with Shells, cleaned
- 2 cups (90 g) Sitaw, ends trimmed, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups (160 g) Eggplant, diagonal slices
- 2 pcs. (30 g) Green Chili
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Calamansi juice
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) Fish Sauce
- 1 pack (7 g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups (50 g) Kangkong, leaves and stems
- SAUTÉ. In a pot, heat oil. Sauté onions, garlic and ginger. Add tomatoes and let it cook for three (3) minutes.
- BOIL. In the same pot, add gabi and water. Cover the pot, then boil gabi until tender. Add mussels, sitaw, eggplant, and siling pansigang.
- SEASON. Add calamansi, fish sauce and AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix. Mix well.
- SIMMER. Simmer for five (5) minutes or until the tahong and vegetables are cooked. Add kangkong and cover the pot.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve and enjoy.
Cook vegetables for just a few minutes to maintain color and avoid mushy texture.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Mussels or "tahong" are good sources of iron. Protein, Vitamin A, C, Selenium which all helps in supporitng a healthy immune system.