Sinigang na Tahong RecipeAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 4 Tbsps. (53 ml) Vegetable oil
- 1 cup (100 g) Onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsps. (20 g) Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (40 g) Ginger, peeled, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup (100 g) Tomato, chopped
- 2 1/4 cups (300 g) Gabi, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups (1000 ml) Water
- 4 cups (650 g) Mussels (tahong) with shells, cleaned
- 2 cups (200 g) Sitaw, ends trimmed, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 2 1/2 cups (230 g) Eggplant, sliced diagonally
- 2 pcs. (10 g) Green chili (siling pansigang), whole
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Calamansi juice
- 5 tsps. (25 ml) Fish sauce
- 1 pack (8 g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups (50 g) Kangkong, leaves with soft stems
- SAUTÉ. In a pot, heat oil. Sauté onions, garlic and ginger. Add tomatoes and let it cook for three (3) minutes.
- BOIL. Add gabi and water. Cover the pot, then boil gabi until tender. Add mussels, sitaw, eggplant, and green chili.
- SEASON. Add calamansi, fish sauce and AJI-GINISA®. Mix well.
- SIMMER. Simmer for five (5) minutes or until the tahong and vegetables are cooked. Add kangkong, cover the pot, then turn off the heat.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve and enjoy.
Cook vegetables for just a few minutes to maintain color and avoid mushy texture.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Meal Serving Idea: 1 1/2 cups Sinigang na Tahong, 1 1/2 cups boiled rice, 1 pc. apple Mussels or ""tahong"" are good sources of Iron, Protein, Vitamins A & C, and Selenium which all help in supporting a healthy immune system.