Sardines Lumpiang Shanghai RecipeAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 2 1/2 cups (625 grams) Sardines (Tomato Sauce), canned
- 2 pcs. (100 grams) Egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp (15 grams) Ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup (55 grams) Onion, red, minced
- 1 Tbsp (30 grams) Garlic,, minced
- 1/2 cup (110 grams) Carrot, chopped
- 1 pack (8 grams) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 2 tsp (8 grams) Pepper, black, ground
- 30 pcs Lumpia Wrapper
- 2 cups (500 ml) Oil, cooking
- MIX. In a bowl, combine sardines, egg, ginger, onion, garlic, carrots, AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix and pepper. Mix well.
- WRAP. Place 2 Tbsps. of sardines mixture into a lumpia wrapper. Roll and seal tightly.
- DEEP FRY. In a pan, heat oil. Deep-fry lumpiang shanghai until golden brown. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander.
- SERVE. Transfer shanghai to a plate. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce (ketchup, mayonnaise, sweet and sour sauce, etc.).
Drain sardines well to avoid having soggy- looking Lumpiang Shanghai.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes Preparation: 20 minutes Servings: 15 Serving size: 2 pcs. (60g) shanghai
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Sardines are an excellent source of calcium. That makes them a good choice for those who are lactose intolerant, allergic to dairy, or need more calcium in their diet. This can also be helpful during pregnancy when you need extra forms of calcium for the health of your baby. (USDA)