Sayote Carrot GuisadoAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking oil
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Garlic, chopped
- 2 cups (200g) Sayote, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) Carrots, cubed
- 1 cup (250ml) Water
- 1 pack (8g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté onion and garlic unti fragrant. Add sayote and carrots then sauté for 3 minutes.
- SIMMER. Add water and let it simmer for 1 minute.
- SEASON. Add AJI-GINISA® then mix well.
- SERVE. Transfer to a plate. Serve and enjoy while hot.
To avoid the sticky sap of the sayote, slice the tip about 1/2 inch thick. Rub the sliced tip on the top of the sayote in a circular motion. The sap will bubble and becomes white.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Sayote is a good source of Folate (Vitamin B9), which helps in the prevention of birth defects.