Scotch EggsAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 5 pcs. (250g) Eggs, soft-boiled
- 1/2 cup (120g) Ground Pork
- 1/2 cup (120g) Ground Beef
- 1/3 cup (38g) Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (60g) Onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Soy Sauce
- 1/4 pack (2.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 4 tsps. (20g) Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. (1g) Black Pepper, ground
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 pc. (50g) Egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup (100g) Breadcrumbs or Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cups (500ml) Cooking Oil, for deep-frying
- BOIL. In a pot, heat water until big bubbles form. Boil eggs for 5-6 minutes. Transfer to an ice bath and peel when cool. Set aside.
- MIX & SEASON. To make the ground meat coating, in a bowl, add ground pork, ground beef, garlic, onion, soy sauce, AJI-NO-MOTO®, sugar, black pepper, and flour. Mix well.
- COAT & DREDGE. Cover each boiled eggs with the meat mixture. Then dip them in the beaten egg until covered. Next, dredge in breadcrumbs until all eggs are fully coated.
- DEEP-FRY. In a pan, heat oil. Deep-fry coated eggs until brown. Drain excess oil using strainer or collander.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve and enjoy.
To peel soft-boiled eggs easily, you may add 4 Tbsps. of vinegar to the boiling water and then immediately place them in an ice bath to stop the cooking. Using older eggs is also easier to peel than fresh eggs.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes Preparation: 20 minutes Servings: 5 Serving size: 1 pc. Scotch Egg (130g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Both eggs and ground meat in scotch eggs are complete proteins that contain all the Essential Amino Acids needed by the body for building muscle.