Seafood Kare-kareAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 4 cups (1000ml) Water
- 1 cup (100g) Mussel, half-shelled
- 6 pcs. (100g) Prawn, small, unpeeled
- 2 pcs. (200g) Crab or Alimasag, small, fresh, whole
- 1/2 cup (100g) Squid, fresh, sliced
- 3 slices (100g) Fish fillet, sliced
- 2 cups (100g) Pechay tagalog, sliced
- 1 cup (100g) Sitaw, sliced
- 1 1/4 cups (100g) Eggplant, sliced
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup (55g) Onion, cubed
- 1 1/2 Tbsps. (15g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (125g) Peanut butter
- 1 cup (250ml) Homemade seafood stock, from blanching seafood
- 1/4 cup (50ml) Coconut cream
- 1/4 pack (2.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp. (0.6g) Black pepper, ground
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Annatto oil
- BLANCH. In a pot, boil water. Blanch mussels, prawn, crab, squid, and fish fillet until cooked. Set aside. Blanch pechay, sitaw, and eggplant until almost cooked. Place vegetables into iced water to prevent from overcooking. Keep the water as a seafood stock. Set aside.
- SAUTÈ. In a different pan, heat oil. Sauté onion and garlic until aromatic. Add in peanut butter and homemade seafood stock.
- SIMMER & SEASON. Add coconut cream and let simmer. Add AJI-NO-MOTO®, fish sauce, pepper, and annatto oil. Mix well.
- SERVE. In a platter, pour the sauce then arrange the seafood and vegetables on top. Serve and enjoy.
Blanch the seafood and vegetables separately to avoid undercooked seafood or overcooked vegetables.
Cooking Time: 45 minutes Preparation: 30 minutes Servings: 6 Serving size: 1 cup seafood and vegetables + 1/3 cup sauce (233g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Seafoods are good sources of Iodine that helps maintain healthy thyroids.