Sinigang na Bangus sa Bayabas RecipeAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 5 cups (1250 ml) Water
- 1/2 cup (90 g) Guava, quartered
- 1/4 cup (65 g) Tomato, quartered
- 1/4 cup(50 g) Onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) Whole peppercorn
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) Fish sauce
- 3 cups (450 g) Bangus (sliced into 5)
- 1/4 cup (30 g) Okra, chopped
- 2 pieces (5 g) Green Chillies
- 1 cup (80g) Kangkong leaves
- 1 pack (11 g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- BOIL. Pour water in a cooking pot and let it boil. Add the guava, tomato, onion, and whole peppercorn. Cover the pot and let it boil for 15 minutes or until the guava and vegetables are soft. You may add more water, as needed.
- MASH & SEASON. Using a fork or a potato masher, mush the guava and vegetables inside the cooking pot to extract the flavors. Season with fish sauce and stir.
- BOIL. Add the milkfish. Let it boil 5 to 10 minutes in medium heat until its cooked. Add the okra and Green chillies. Continue boiling for 5 minutes. Add kangkong leaves. Cover the cooking pot and put your fire off. Let the kangkong stay in the pot for 5 minutes. Season with AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning and stir.
- SERVE. while hot.
Use ripe guava with pink flesh for a better taste result.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes Preparation: 10 minutes Servings: 5 Serving size: Soup: 1 cup, Milkfish: 1/2 cup, Vegetables: 1/2 cup
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Guavas are low Glycemic Index fruits which are well recommended for people with Diabetes. Though it is low GI, take it still in moderation.