Sinigang na Hipon sa SampalokAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 cup (250 ml) Water
- 1 cup (120 g) Sampalok fruit, whole
- 6 cups (1,500 ml) Rice washing
- 1 cup (175 g) Tomato, quartered
- 1 cup (140 g) Red onion, quartered
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Fish sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (275 g) Shrimp, whole
- 1/2 cup (60 g) String beans, cut into bite size
- 1/2 cup (60 g) Eggplant, thick round slices
- 1/2 cup (100 g) Radish, thick round slices
- /4 cup (60 g) Okra, cut into bite size
- 1 cup (80 g) Kangkong Leaves
- 1 pack (11 g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 pc (10 g) Green Chili
- Boil & Mash. In a pot, boil water and sampalok fruit for 5-10 minutes. Using a strainer, strain and mash sampalok fruit to get a thick extract. Set aside.
- Boil. In a separate pot, boil rice washing, tomato, red onion, fish sauce, and sampalok extract.
- Simmer. Add shrimp and simmer for 5 minutes. Add string beans, eggplant, radish, okra, and kangkong leaves. Simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Season. Season with AJI-NO-MOTO® and mix well. Add Green Chili. Turn off the heat.
- Serve. Serve and enjoy.
You can add more sampalok to make the broth more sour.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes Preparation: 10 minutes Servings: 8 Serving size:
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Shrimp is rich in selenium which helps improve the immune system.