Sizzling TofuSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1 cup (250ml) Cooking Oil
- 2 cups (500g) Tofu, firm, cubed
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking Oil
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Onion, red, minced
- 2 cloves (5g) Garlic, minced
- 1 pc. (4g) Siling haba, biased
- 1 pc. (2g) Siling labuyo, minced
- 1/3 cup (75g) Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. (25ml) Water
- 1 pack (30g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp. (3g) Sarsaya® Liquid Seasoning
- 1 tsp (5.0g) Sugar, Brown
- 1/8 tsp (1.0g) Salt
- DEEP-FRY. In a deep pan, pour in the oil and heat it up to 350˚F or 175˚C. Fry tofu until golden brown and crispy. Set aside on a kitchen towel and let it rest.
- SAUTÉ. In a pan pour cooking oil and sauté onion and garlic until translucent, add birds eye chili, fried tokwa and chilies.
- COMBINE. In a bowl combine mayonnaise, water, SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce, Sarsaya® Liquid Seasoning and salt. Mix well.
- SERVE. Transfer into the sizzling plate the sautééd tokwa then add mayonnaise mixture. Mix well. Serve and enjoy.
Sizzling plate or cast iron pan can be used to add charred flavor to the dish.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 5 Serving size: 1 cup (100g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tofu is an excellent source of Protein. This is a good alternative for those who want to reduce their meat intake.