Special Monggo GuisadoAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup (60g) Pork pigue, sliced thinly
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 Tbsps. (25g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (100g) Tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Bagoong
- 6 cups (1500ml) Water
- 1 cup (250g) Monggo beans, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup (100g) Shrimp, deveined and shelled
- 2 packs (16g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup (5g) Sili leaves
- 1/4 cup (40g) Tinapa, flaked
- SAUTÉ. In a wok, heat oil. Sauté pork until brown. Add onion, garlic, tomato, and bagoong then sauté until fragrant.
- SIMMER. Add water and monggo. Simmer for 30-45 minutes or until soup is thick. Add shrimp then simmer for 5 minutes.
- SEASON. Add AJI-GINISA® then mix well. Add sili leaves then cook for another minute.
- SERVE. Transfer to a bowl. Serve with tinapa.
Sautéing or browning of the shells and head of the shrimp before adding water will also add much more taste to the soup.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Monggo beans are good sources of Potassium, Magnesium, and Fiber that supports normal blood pressure.