Stir Fried Tofu with Vegetables RecipeAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60 grams) Red onion, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons (30 grams) Garlic, minced
- 1 kilo (1000 grams) Tofu, firm type, medium cubed
- 1 cup (250 grams) Carrots, sliced
- 1 cup (250 grams) Snow peas, cleaned
- 1/4 kilo (250 grams) Button mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 pack (5.5 grams) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Soy sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon (5 grams) Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.25 grams) Pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon (3 grams) Cornstarch, diluted in
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Water
- Original sodium content: 2 teaspoons (10 grams) Salt, 7 teaspoons (35 ml) Soy sauce
- SAUTÉ. In a pan heat oil. Sauté onion and garlic until soft and fragrant.
- FRY. Add Tofu and cook until slightly brown. Add the vegetable and mix well.
- SEASON. Add AJI-NO-MOTO®, soy sauce, salt, and black pepper. Add the cornstarch mixture and mix well until the sauce thickens.
When using tofu in a stir-fry, maintain its shape and texture by adding it at the last minute. Overcooking softens tofu.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tofu is an excellent plant protein source. So, if you’re following a vegetarian or vegan diet, tofu can help you meet your daily Protein needs.