Special Pork MenudoAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup (100g) Liempo, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup (150g) Kasim, big diced
- 1/2 cup (100g) Pork liver, big diced
- 1/4 cup (25g) Red onion, minced
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250ml) Tomato sauce
- 2 cups (500ml) Water
- 2 pcs. (1g) Bayleaf (Laurel leaf)
- 1/2 cup (90g) Carrot, big diced
- 1/2 cup (85g) Potato, big diced
- 1 tsp. (5g) Sugar, brown
- 1 pack (10g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 tsp. (5g) Salt
- 1/8 tsp. (0.3g) Ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (100g) Green bell pepper, big diced
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil and sauté pork liempo until lightly brown. Add pork kasim and liver. Then, mix in onion and garlic.
- MIX. Tomato sauce and stir well then add water and bay leaf.
- SIMMER. Let it simmer until water is reduced by 1/4 then add carrot and potato. Simmer until desired thickness of the sauce is achieved and meat is tender.
- SEASON. Add brown sugar, AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix well then add bell pepper.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve and enjoy.
Lower the heat to just a simmering heat when tenderizing the pork. Cooking on high heat will make the meat tough.
Cooking Time: 40 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 8 Serving size: 1/2 cup (106g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Pork meat and pork liver is a great source of Iron which also plays an important role in strengthening our immune system.