Special Pork MenudoAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cups (375g) Liempo, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup (150g) Pork liver, big diced
- 1/4 cup (25g) Onion, red, minced
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250g) Tomato sauce
- 2 cups (500ml) Water
- 2 pcs. (0.5g) Bayleaf (Laurel leaf)
- 1/2 cup (90g) Carrot, big diced
- 1/2 cup (85g) Potato, big diced
- 1 tsp. (5g) Sugar, brown
- 1/2 pack (5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 tsp. (5g) Salt, iodized
- 1/8 tsp. (0.5g) Ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (80g) Green bell pepper, big diced
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil and sauté pork liempo until lightly brown. Add liver, onion and garlic, then continue to saute until fragrant.
- MIX. Mix-in tomato sauce and stir well then add water and laurel leaves.
- SIMMER. Let it simmer until water is reduced by 1/4 then add carrot and potato. Simmer until desired thickness of the sauce is achieved and meat is tender.
- SEASON. Add brown sugar, AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix well then add bell pepper.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve and enjoy.
Marinate liver in 1 tsp. of calamansi juice for at least 5 minutes to remove unpleasant odor and taste.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Pork meat and liver is a great source of Iron which also plays an important role in strengthening our immune system.