Spicy Adobong TahongSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 2 cups (240ml) Water
- 1/2 kg (500g) Tahong, meat
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Cooking Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp (15g) Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp (15g) Ginger, sliced thinly
- 1 pack (30g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 2 tsps (10ml) Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp (5ml) Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2.5g) Sugar, white
- 2 pcs (1g) Bay Leaf
- 1 pc (2.5g) Red chili, chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1.25g) Black pepper, ground
- 1 tsp (5g) Spring onion, chopped, optional
- BOIL. In a pot of boiling water, add tahong. Let it boil for 5 minutes or until all the shells have opened. Separate the meat from the shell and remove beard. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil then sauté garlic, and ginger until fragrant. Add tahong meat and mix well.
- SEASON & SIMMER. Add SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt, bay leaf, red chili, and black pepper, mix well. Simmer for few minutes.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle spring onion on top. Serve!
In buying tahong, keep in mind that the meat is only 1/3 of the total weight with shells.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes Preparation: 20 minutes Servings: 5 Serving size: 1 cup (81g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tahong is rich in Iodine, which helps in preventing Thyroid diseases like Goiter.