Squash in Cheesy Malunggay SauceAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 cup (100 g) Squash
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7.5 ml) Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7.5 g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (13.5 g) Malunggay leaves, fresh
- 1/4 cup (50 g) All Purpose Cream
- 3 Tbsps. (25 g) Parmesan, grated
- 1/2 tsp. (2.8 g) Aji-no-moto® Umami Seasoning
- 1/4 cup (50 g) Mozarella, shredded
- BAKE. Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F). Cover squash with foil then place on a baking tray. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a fork can pierce through easily. Use a melon scrapper to scrape the squash and make pasta-like strands. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add the malunggay leaves, all-purpose cream, parmesan, and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Mix well. Set aside.
- BAKE. In a baking dish, add spaghetti squash then top with creamy malunggay sauce and mozzarella. Bake in a preheated oven and bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese has melted and lightly brown.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve and enjoy while hot.
Covering the squash with foil helps to reduce the moisture loss from the squash.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Both squash and malunggay are rich in Vitamin A that is important for optimal health, growth, and development of breastfeeding infants.