Squash in Cheesy Malunggay SauceAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 cup (100 g) Squash
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7.5 ml) Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7.5 g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (13.5 g) Malunggay leaves, fresh
- 1/4 cup (50 g) All Purpose Cream
- 3 Tbsps. (25 g) Parmesan, grated
- 1/2 tsp. (2.8 g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/4 cup (50 g) Mozarella, shredded
- BAKE. Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F). Cover squash with foil then place on a baking tray. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a fork can pierce through easily. Use a melon scrapper to scrape the squash and make pasta-like strands. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add the malunggay leaves, all-purpose cream, parmesan, and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Mix well. Set aside.
- BAKE. In a baking dish, add spaghetti squash then top with creamy malunggay sauce and mozzarella. Bake in a preheated oven and bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese has melted and lightly brown.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve and enjoy while hot.
Covering the squash with foil helps to reduce the moisture loss from the squash.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes Preparation: 40 minutes Servings: 3 Serving size: 1/2 cup (77.3 g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Both squash and malunggay are rich in Vitamin A that is important for optimal health, growth, and development of breastfeeding infants.