Squash Malunggay Soup with Fried Galunggong Meal for KidsCRISPY FRY® Fish Breading Mix, PORKSAVOR® All-in-One Seasoning Mix
- 6 pcs. (100g) Galunggong, filleted
- 1/8 pack (6.25g) CRISPY FRY® Fish Breading Mix
- 6 Tbsps. (90ml) Cooking oil
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 1 pc. (63g) Onion, minced
- 4 tsps. (20g) Garlic, minced
- 4 cups (400g) Squash, cubed
- 3 1/3 cups (850ml) Water
- 1 pack (8g) PORKSAVOR® All-in-One Seasoning Mix
- 2 tsps. (10ml) Fish sauce
- 1/8 tsp. (1g) Ground black pepper
- 1 cup (250ml) Cream
- 1/2 cup (10g) Malunggay leaves
- COAT & FRY. To prepare fried galunggong, coat the fish in CRISPY FRY®. In a pan, heat oil. Fry fish until golden brown on both sides. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ & MASH. To prepare Squash Malunggay Soup, heat oil in a casserole. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add squash and water then simmer for 10 minutes or until squash is tender. Mash the squash using a fork or use a strainer for a finer texture.
- SEASON. Add PORKSAVOR®, fish sauce, and pepper. Mix well.
- SIMMER. Add cream then simmer for 3 minutes. Add malunggay leaves then mix well.
- SERVE. To prepare Squash Malunggay Soup with Fried Galunggong meal for kids, assemble 3/4 cup soup to a bowl. Then add to a plate 1 pc fish fillet and 1/2 cup rice. Serve with 1 pc banana, and 1 glass of water.
You may opt not to fillet the fish. But make sure to take out all of the fish bones before feeding to the kids.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Both squash and malunggay are rich in Vitamin A that aids in maintaining a healthy eyesight.