Squash Malunggay Soup with Fried Galunggong Meal for KidsCRISPY FRY® Fish Breading Mix, PORKSAVOR® All-in-One Seasoning Mix
- 6 pcs. (100g) Galunggong, filleted
- 1/4 pack (5g) CRISPY FRY® Fish Breading Mix
- 6 Tbsps. (90ml) Cooking oil
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 1 pc. (63g) Onion, minced
- 4 tsps. (20g) Garlic, minced
- 4 cups (400g) Squash, cubed
- 3 1/3 cups (850ml) Water
- 1 pack (8g) PORKSAVOR® All-in-One Seasoning Mix
- 2 tsps. (10ml) Fish sauce
- 1/8 tsp. (1g) Ground black pepper
- 1 cup (250ml) Cream
- 1/2 cup (10g) Malunggay leaves
- COAT & FRY. To prepare fried galunggong, coat the fish in CRISPY FRY®. In a pan, heat oil. Fry fish until golden brown on both sides. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ & MASH. To prepare Squash Malunggay Soup, heat oil in a casserole. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add squash and water then simmer for 10 minutes or until squash is tender. Mash the squash using a fork or use a strainer for a finer texture.
- SEASON. Add PORKSAVOR®, fish sauce, and pepper. Mix well.
- SIMMER. Add cream then simmer for 3 minutes. Add malunggay leaves then mix well.
- SERVE. To prepare Squash Malunggay Soup with Fried Galunggong meal for kids, assemble 3/4 cup soup to a bowl. Then add to a plate 1 pc fish fillet and 1/2 cup rice. Serve with 1 pc banana, and 1 glass of water.
You may opt not to fillet the fish. But make sure to take out all of the fish bones before feeding to the kids.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes Preparation: 30 minutes Servings: 6 Serving size: - 3/4 cup Squash Malunggay Soup with Fried Galunggong (233g) - 1/2 cup rice (80g) - 1 pc banana (40g) - 1 glass water (250ml)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Vitamin A (μg)
Vitamin C (mg)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Both squash and malunggay are rich in Vitamin A that aids in maintaining a healthy eyesight.