Squid with PeppersSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Corn oil
- 2 cups (350g) Squid, cleaned
- 3 Tbsps. (45ml) Corn oil
- 1 cup (100g) Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (40g0 Garlic, mined
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Ginger, cut into strips
- 1 cup (150g) Tomato, chopped
- 2 pcs. (2g) Bay leaf (laurel leaf), dried
- 1/2 cup (100g) Carrot, cut into strips
- 1 cup (100g) Red bell pepper, chunks
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Water
- 1 pack (30g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1 pc. (5g) Green chili, whole
- 1/4 tsp. (1.2g) Salt, coarse
- 4 tsps. (20ml) Fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Vinegar
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté squid for 2 minutes. Set aside including the juices.
- SAUTÉ. In the same pan, heat more oil. Sauté onion, garlic, ginger, and tomato until tomato is tender. Add laurel leaves.
- SIMMER. Add carrots, bell pepper, water, and SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce. Cover and simmer until carrots are cooked. Add squid then mix well.
- SEASON & SIMMER. Add green chili, salt, fish sauce, and vinegar. Do not stir. Simmer for 1 minute then stir gently.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve and enjoy!
If using small or medium-sized squid, keep them whole. If you prefer to use large squid, you can either keep them whole or slice them into rings. Whatever size you choose, just remember not to overcook squid as it can turn rubbery and tough.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes Preparation: 10 minutes Servings: 6 Serving size: 1/2 cup Squid with Peppers (95.3g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
*with rice and fruit
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Meal Serving Idea: 1/2 cup Squid with Peppers, 1 1/2 cups boiled rice, 1 cup steamed okra, 1 cup melon shake Squid is a good source of Selenium while tomatoes and red bell peppers contain Vitamin C. These nutrients have antioxidant properties that protect our body from free-radicals.