Steamed Biluan with KangkongSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1 pc. (500g) Biluan, whole, cleaned
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) Salt, iodized
- 3 Tbsps. (30g) Ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (50g) Kangkong leaves
- 1/2 Tbsp. (5g) Ginger, cut into thin strips
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Soy sauce
- 1 pack (30g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp. (5ml) Sesame oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Water
- 1 tsp. (5g) White sugar
- 2 tsps. (6g) Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (20g) Spring onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Garlic, minced, toasted (optional)
- SEASON. Season biluan with salt on both sides. Place it on a heat-proof plate then add ginger all over the fish. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- STEAM. Place the fish on a steamer then let it cook for 15-20 minutes or until the fish can be easily flaked off the bone. Add the kangkong leaves around the fish then let it steam for 5 minutes.
- SIMMER. While the fish and kangkong are steaming, prepare the sauce. In a saucepan, combine ginger, soy sauce, SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce, sesame oil, water, white sugar, and cornstarch. Mix then bring to a simmer for 3 minutes.
- SERVE. Once fish and kangkong are cooked, remove from the steamer then pour the prepared sauce all over. Garnish with spring onions and toasted garlic. Serve and enjoy.
You may slice one or two slits on each side of the fish for it to cook faster.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes Preparation: 10 minutes Servings: 5 Serving size: 1/2 cup (166g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Biluan is a good source of Vitamins B6 and B12 that help prevent mental fatigue and impaired alertness.