Pocherong BaboyAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons (23 ml) Cooking Oil
- 1/2 cup (60 g) Onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup (30 g) Garlic, chopped
- 1 kilo (1,000 g) Pork belly, cut into serving size
- 5 cups (1,250 ml) Water
- 1/2 cup (50 ml) Potato, cubed
- 1 piece (100 g) Banana, saba, semi-ripe
- 1/2 cup (120 g) Pork and beans, canned
- 1/2 cup (40 g) Green beans, cut into 1′ long
- 1 cup (50 g) Cabbage, sliced
- 1 cup (35 g) Pechay, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) Sugar, brown
- 1/2 pack (5.5 g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 5 teaspoons (25 ml) Fish sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.3 g) Pepper
- Sauté. In a pot heat oil, sauté onion followed by garlic. Add pork and cook until the color turns light brown.
- Boil. Pour water, cover the pot and let it boil until the pork gets tender. You may add more water as needed. Add potatoes and banana, cook until tender.
- Simmer. Add pork and beans and simmer for at least 3 minutes. Add green beans, cabbage and pechay and simmer for another minute.
- Season. Add sugar, sprinkle AJI-NO-MOTO® and add fish sauce and pepper to taste. Mix well and turn off the heat.
- Serve. Transfer to a serving bowl , serve and enjoy!
You can use more than 1 pc semi -ripe banana if you want your soup to be sweeter and a bit thicker.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Saba Banana is packed with so many nutrients, like B vitamins, dietary fiber, vitamin C, vitamin A and iron. It also helps improve the body’s digestion, lower blood pressure, strengthen the immune system, regulate circulation, and enhance metabolic process.