Stuffed Chicken RecipeAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 tsps. (10ml) Cooking oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsps. (25g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (100g) Mushroom, canned, small diced
- 2 1/2 cups (75g) Spinach, leaves
- 1/2 pack 6g AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 cup 50g Cream cheese
- 0.6 kilo (600g) Chicken breast, butterfly-cut, skinless
- 1 cup (200g) Cheese, quickmelt, grated
- 1/2 cup (70g) Flour
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) Salt
- 1/2 pack (5.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 pcs. (100g) Egg, beaten
- 2 cups (140g) Bread crumbs
- 2 1/2 cups (600ml) Cooking oil
- SAUTÉ. To prepare the stuffing, heat oil in a pan. Sauté garlic, mushroom, and spinach until leaves are wilted.
- SEASON & MIX. Add AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning. Mix well then transfer to a bowl. Add cream cheese and mix well. Set aside.
- STUFF. To prepare the chicken, place it on a plate then open it up. Stuff in 4 Tbsps. spinach-mushroom mixture and top with 2 tablespoons quickmelt cheese then close tightly.
- DREDGE & DEEP-FRY. Coat chicken in seasoned flour with salt and AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning. Then dip in the eggs. Lastly, coat with breadcrumbs. On a pot, heat oil to 180ºC (350ºF). Deep-fry chicken for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve and enjoy while hot.
You may slice the chicken horizontally if the butterfly cut is still thick.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Pump-up your usual chicken dish by stuffing it with spinach which is rich in Calcium, Iron, Potassium, and Magnesium which are all essential in maintaining optimal health!