Stuffed Roasted ChickenAJI-GINISA® FLAVOR SEASONING MIX
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Soy sauce
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Ketchup
- 1/4 cup (60g) Brown sugar
- 1 pack (8g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1 whole (1200g) Whole Chicken
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Cooking oil
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Annatto Seeds (Atsuete)
- 1/4 cup (60g) Red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Garlic, minced
- 1 cup (200g) Longganisa, sweet style, chopped
- 1 cup (200g) Malagkit rice
- 1 1/3 cup (320 ml) Water
- 1/3 cup (80g) Carrots, small dice
- 1/3 cup (80g) Green peas
- MARINATE. In a bowl, mix soy sauce, ketchup, sugar, and 1 pack AJI-GINISA®. Mix well. Marinate chicken in the mixture for at least 2 hours.
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil and annatto seeds. Discard seeds once oil color changes. Sauté onion, garlic, longganisa. When oil from longganisa comes out, add malagkit rice. Cook for 2 minutes.
- SIMMER. Add water and simmer for 5 minutes. Add carrots and green peas. Cook until rice is fully cooked.
- ROAST. Drain chicken marinade. Stuff cooked rice mixture in the chicken cavity. Roast chicken in an oven (375 degrees Celcius) for 40-50 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving platter and spread excess rice stuffing around the roasted chicken. Serve and enjoy.
You can save and simmer chicken marinade to make a side sauce for the chicken.
Cooking Time: 60 minutes Preparation: 10 minutes Servings: 10 Serving size: 1 cup (215g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Chicken is a good source of Niacin that helps our body convert food to energy.