Menudong MonggoAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (50g) Tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup (40g) Carrots, small dice
- 1/4 cup (50g) Potato, small dice
- 2 cups (400g) Monggo, boiled
- 3 Tbsps. (45g) Tomato paste
- 2 cups (500ml) Water
- 1 pc. (2g) Laurel Leaf, small size
- 1 pack (10g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 tsp. (5g) Salt, iodized
- 2 tsps. (10g) Sugar, brown
- 1/8 tsp. (0.3g) Black pepper, ground
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Raisins
- 1/8 cup (30g) Bell pepper, green, cubed
- SAUTE. In a pan, heat oil then saute onion and garlic until fragrant. Add tomatoes, carrots, potato, monggo and tomato paste then continue to saute for about 3 minutes.
- BOIL & SIMMER. Add water to the pan and let it simmer for another 5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- SEASON. Mix-in laurel leaf and season with AJI-NO-MOTO®, salt, sugar, and pepper. Add raisins and bell peppers, combine well.
- SERVE. Transfer into a bowl and serve.
Soak the monggo beans in water for few hours for faster boiling time.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 5 Serving size: 1 cup (189g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Monggo is rich in fiber which helps in keeping the gut healthy.