Sweet and Sour MeatballsAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning, SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1/4 kilo (250g) Ground pork
- 1/2 cup (100g) Carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup (35g) Onion, minced
- 1 pc. (50g) Egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) Salt
- 1/4 tsp. (0.6g) Ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. (1.3g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Oil
- 1/4 cup (35g) Onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Garlic, minced
- 1 pack (200g) SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 3 Tbsps. (45ml) Water
- 1/2 cup (50g) Green bell pepper, cubed
- MIX & MOLD. In a bowl, combine ground pork, carrot, onion, egg, salt, pepper, AJI-NO-MOTO®, and cornstarch. Mix well and form into into balls.
- FRY. In a pan, heat oil. Fry meatballs until browned on all sides. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ. Remove most of the oil in the same pan and leave just 2 tsps. of oil. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant.
- SIMMER. Pour SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce, water, bell pepper, and meatballs. Mix well and simmer for 2 minutes.
- SERVE. Transfer to a plate then serve.
Adding minced or grated vegetables to meatballs help to make your kids eat more vegetables!
Cooking Time: 15 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 4 Serving size: 4 pcs. Meatball + 1/3 cup sauce (160g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Both green bell pepper and carrots are good sources of Vitamin A for healthy eyesight.