Sweet and Sour Pork RecipeAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups (500g) Pork liempo, sliced (skin-off)
- 2 Tbsps (30ml) Soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (100g) All Purpose Flour
- 1/8 cup (45g) Cornstarch
- 1 tsp (2.5g) Salt
- 2 pcs (100g) Egg, beaten
- 1 cup (250ml) Cooking oil
- 1 1/4 cups (300ml) Water
- 1/4 cup (50ml) Vinegar
- 1/3 cup (75ml) Tomato ketchup
- 1/4 cup (60g) White sugar
- 1/2 pack (5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/3 cup (60g) Carrots, sliced
- 1/3 cup (60g) Red onion, wedges
- 1/3 cup (60g) Red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup (60g) Green bell pepper, diced
- MARINATE & COAT. In a bowl, mix pork and soy sauce. Marinate pork for 10 minutes. In a separate bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, and salt. Coat marinated pork in flour mixture. Dip coated pork in egg then back to the flour mixture.
- DEEP FRY. In a deep pan, heat oil. Deep fry pork until brown and crispy. Set aside.
- SIMMER. To make the sauce, in a pan, mix water, vinegar, ketchup, white sugar, and AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning. Simmer for 3-5 minutes. Add carrots, onions, and bell peppers. Simmer again for 3-5 minutes. Add deep-fried pork and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- SERVE. Transfer into a serving plate or container. Serve and enjoy.
In deep frying, use a colander or strainer in draining excess oil to retain its crispiness and to avoid having soggy pork.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes Preparation: 30 minutes Servings: 10 Serving size: 1/3 cup (75 g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 34% Original seasoning/condiment: 2 tsps (10 g) Salt. Being high in Protein and rich in many Vitamins and Minerals, lean pork can be an excellent addition to a healthy diet.