Sweet and Sour TilapiaSARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1/4 kilo (250g) Tilapia, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) Salt
- 1/4 tsp. (0.6g) Ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsps. (30g) Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Cooking oil
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup (35g) Onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Ginger, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup (30g) Carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Water
- 1 pack (200ml) SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1/4 cup (35g) Green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- COAT & FRY. Season tilapia with salt and pepper then coat with cornstarch. In a pan, heat oil. Fry tilapia until golden brown. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté onion, garlic, and ginger until fragrant. Add carrot then cook for 1 minute.
- SIMMER. Pour water and SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce. Mix well and let it simmer. Add bell pepper and fried tilapia. Mix gently and let simmer for 30 seconds.
- SERVE. Transfer to a plate. Serve and enjoy.
Coating the tilapia with cornstarch before frying helps give it a nice crunchy skin.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes Preparation: 10 minutes Servings: 3 Serving size: 1 slice fish (71g) + 1/2 cup sauce (135g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tilapia is a good source of Protein that helps maintain muscle mass.