Thai Jok RecipePORKSAVOR® All-In-One Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon (15g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon (2g) Pepper, powder
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Pork, ground
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Soy Sauce
- 2 cups (400g) Rice, cooked
- 1 1/2 cup (360ml) Water
- 2 cups (1440ml) Water
- 1 pack (8g) PORKSAVOR® All-In-One Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons (30g) Garlic, toasted
- 2 tablespoons (30g) Ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 pcs Eggs hard boiled
- 2 tablespoons (20g) Spring Onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) Fish sauce
- MIX. In a bowl, combine garlic, pepper, ground pork, SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce, and soy sauce. Mix well until soft and sticky. Cover and refrigerate dumpling mixture. Set aside.
- PUREE & BOIL. In a blender or food processor, puree rice with 1 1/2 cups water and blend to a coarse puree. Transfer in a casserole, add water or soup stock , boil pureed rice then lower the fire.
- SHAPE & POACH. Shape dumpling mixture into balls by scooping 1/2 tablespoon of the mixture per ball and drop them into bubbling congee one at a time until all the dumplings have firmed up and well – cooked.
- SEASON. Add PORKSAVOR® All-In-One Seasoning Mix. Mix well and let it boil for another 3 minutes.
- SERVE. Transfer to a bowl. Top with toasted garlic,ginger, hard- boiled egg, and spring onions. Add patis to taste. Serve and enjoy.
Don’t break up the pork too much. You’ll want larger pieces for texture and flavor. If they are too small, they’ll be lost in the texture of the rice.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Congee is considered a “healing food” especially for those with weakened digestion and low immune system.It has a good source of protein, fats and carbohydrates. Ginger can be used to help colds and flus as it warms the body and promotes healthy sweating to aid detoxification. Ginger also contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Reference: https://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/thai-congee-soup-recipe/