Tofu FajitasSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 cup (25g) Red bell pepper, strips
- 1/4 cup (25g) Green bell pepper, strips
- 1/4 cup (25g) Red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup (45g) Shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated, sliced
- 1 block (500g) Tofu, firm, crumbled
- 2 Tbsps (30g) Black beans, boiled
- 1 Tbsp (5g) Paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2g) Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp (0.4g) Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.5g) Black pepper, ground
- 2 Tbsps (30ml) Soy sauce
- 1 pack (30g) Sarsaya® Oyster Sauce
- 4 tsps (20ml) Calamansi, juice
- 2 tsps (10ml) Cooking oil
- 12 pcs (300g) Tortilla, small
- 2 tsps (5g) Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60g) Sour cream
- 1 pc (20g) Tomato, sliced
- COMBINE & SEASON. In a bowl combine red and green bell pepper, onion, shiitake mushrooms, tofu, and black beans. Season with paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, black pepper, soy sauce, Sarsaya® Oyster Sauce, and calamansi juice, mix well.
- SAUTE. In a pan, heat oil then pour vegetable and tofu mixture. Sauté for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- ASSEMBLE. Get a tortilla wrap then put 1/4 cup of the vegetable and tofu mixture, fold it in half. Repeat the process until you have 12 assembled tortillas.
- SERVE. Optional to put sour cream and tomato on top. Serve and enjoy!
Drain excess water from tofu using paper towel so that the filling will not be watery.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Shiitake mushrooms are naturally rich in umami which comes from glutamate. This gives a savory rich flavor and can be found in other foods like cheese, meat, and soy sauce among others.