Tortang GinilingAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking Oil
- 1/3 cup (36g) Onion, minced
- 1/4 cup (30g) Garlic, minced
- 1/4 kilo (250g) Ground Pork
- 1/2 cup (62g) Carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup (45g) Green Peas, diced
- 1/3 cup (45g) Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 pack (5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. (1g) Black Pepper, ground
- 5 pcs. (250g) Eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. (5ml) Fish Sauce
- 1/4 pack (2.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 4 Tbsps. (60ml) Cooking Oil
- 1/4 cup (15g) Spring Onion, chopped (optional)
- SAUTÈ. . To make giniling mixture, in a pan, heat oil. Sauté onion and garlic until aromatic. Add ground pork and cook until browned. Add carrots, green peas, bell pepper, AJI-NO-MOTO®, and pepper. Mix well and cook for another minute. Set aside and let cool.
- SEASON. In a bowl, add eggs, patis and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Mix well using a fork. Add cooked giniling and mix well.
- PAN-FRY. In a pan, heat oil. Fry the mixture in 5 batches. Cook both sides until firm but not browned. Drain excess oil using strainer or collander.
- SERVE. Transfer torta to a plate. Garnish with spring onion (optional). Serve and enjoy while hot.
Make sure that cooked giniling is not hot before adding it to the raw egg mixture to avoid it from scrambling.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Adding a variety of fresh vegetables to tortang giniling also gives a variety of vitamins and minerals needed by the body.