Tortang SayoteAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 cup (191g) Sayote, grated
- 1 cup (217g) Potato, grated
- 1/2 cup (75g) Bell pepper, medium diced
- 1/4 cup (50g) Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (35g) Garlic, chopped
- 2 pcs. (100g) Eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup (30g) Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 pack (5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 tsp. (5g) Salt
- 1/4 tsp. (0.8g) Pepper
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- COMBINE. In a bowl combine sayote, potatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic and beaten egg. Mix well.
- SEASON. Add bread crumbs then season with AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- PAN-FRY. In a pan, heat oil, scoop 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture, and fry until golden brown. Repeat the process with the rest of the vegetable mixture.
- SERVE. Transfer to a bowl and serve while hot.
Cooking an omelet on high heat may result in a rubbery texture and overcooked eggs. Be patient and keep the stove on a medium-low heat setting.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 8 Serving size: 1 pc. (82.5g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 33% Original seasoning/condiment: 2 tsps. (10g) Salt. Eggs are high in antioxidants Lutein and Zeaxanthin that are very important for eye health and can help prevent macular degeneration and cataracts.