Vegetable Curry RecipeAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Vegetable oil
- 1 cup (190g) Tofu, small rectangle slices
- 2 cups (350g) Potato, cubed
- 1 1/4 cups (200g) Kamote, cubed
- 2 tsps. (10ml) Vegetable oil
- 1 cup (100g) Onions, chopped
- 3 Tbsps. (30g) Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp. (2g) Annatto powder
- 1/2 cup (70g) Carrots, cubed
- 1/3 cup (50g) Green bell pepper, cubed
- 1/3 cup (50g) Red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Water
- 1 tsp. (3g) Curry powder
- 1 pc. (1g) Laurel Leaf
- 1 pack (7g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 3/4 cup (100g) Sayote, cubed
- 1 3/4 cups (150g) Eggplant, cubed
- 1 cup (240ml) Coconut cream
- 4 Tbsps. (60ml) Fish sauce
- 12 pcs. (100g) Quail eggs, boiled and peeled
- DEEP-FRY. In a pot, heat enough oil. Fry tofu slices until light brown. Drain excess oil using strainer or collander. Set aside.
- BOIL. On a separate pot, boil potatoes and kamote separately until cooked. Drain and set aside.
- SAUTÈ. In a separate pot, heat oil. Sauté onions, garlic and ginger for one (1) minute. Add annatto powder and mix well. Sauté in carrots and bell peppers.
- SIMMER. Add water, curry powder, laurel leaf and AJI-GINISA®. Bring to a simmer. Add sayote and eggplant then simmer for five (5) minutes or until vegetables are almost cooked. Mix in coconut cream and fish sauce. Combine well and continue simmering until coconut cream thickens. Stir in boiled potatoes and kamote and simmer for one (1) minute.
- SERVE. Pour into individual bowls and serve with the fried tofu and quail eggs.
You can opt to use coconut milk then add coconut cream at the end to give the dish a thick, rich sauce teeming with delicious coconut flavor.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
"Meal Serving Idea: 3/4 cup Vegetable Curry, 1 cup boiled rice, 1/3 cup sweetened red bean topped with crushed ice and 2 Tbsps. milk. A carefully planned plant-based dish, such as this vegetable curry, offers nutrients such as Protein, Vitamins, Minerals, and Dietary fiber essential for optimal health."