Vegetable Tortilla PieAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Oil
- 1 cup (100g) White onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup (75g) Red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/4 cups (125g) Carrot, diced
- 3/4 cup (100g) Black beans, boiled, drained
- 3/4 cup (100g) White kidney beans, boiled, drained
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup (125g) Corn kernels
- 1 cup (125g) Green peas
- 2 Tbsps. (10g) Cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Soy sauce
- 1/2 pack (5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 5 pcs. (40g) Tortilla, whole
- 3/4 cup (40g) Quickmelt cheese, shredded
- SAUTÉ. For the vegetable filling, In a pan, heat oil. Sauté onion, red bell pepper, and carrot for 3 minutes.
- STIR-FRY. Add black beans, white kidney beans, tomato sauce, corn kernels, green peas, and cilantro. Stir-fry for 5-7 minutes.
- SEASON. Add brown sugar, soy sauce, and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Mix well and set aside.
- ASSEMBLE & BAKE. Assemble vegetable tortilla pie by layering tortilla and the vegetable filling alternately. Once the last tortilla has been placed, add cheese then bake in a preheated oven at 190°C (375°F) for 10-15 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- SERVE. Transfer vegetable tortilla pie on to a plate. Let it cool for 15 minutes before slicing into serving pieces. Serve and enjoy!
Quickly warm the tortilla in the microwave or a pan before using it to ensure that it is soft enough to layer with the fillings without tearing.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Consuming beans is a great way to get both protein and fiber from your diet.