Veggie SiomaiPORKSAVOR® All-In-One Seasoning Mix
- 1 1/2 cups (168g) Turnips, grated
- 1/2 cup (63g) Chayote, grated
- 1/2 cup (54g) Carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup (30g) Button mushroom, minced
- 1 cup (124g) Squash, grated
- 1/4 cup (10g) Malunggay leaves, minced
- 1/4 cup (25g) Red onions, minced
- 1 cup (200g) Lean pork meat, ground
- 1 pc. (1g) Egg
- 1 cup (50g) Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Soy Sauce
- 2 packs (16g) PORKSAVOR® All-In-One Seasoning Mix
- 2 packs (400g) Siomai (Shaomai) Wrapper
- COMBINE and SEASON. In a bowl, add turnips, chayote, carrots, button mushroom, squash, malunggay leaves, red onions, lean pork meat, egg, bread crumbs, and season with soy sauce and PORKSAVOR® and mix well.
- WRAP. Measure at least 1 1/2 teaspoons of mixture and wrap in a siomai wrapper.
- STEAM. Using a steamer, place the ingredient on top of boiling water and allow steam to flow for 30 minutes.
- SERVE. Transfer into a serving plate with preferred sauce, serve and enjoy.
Breadcrumbs can serve as binders to add volume and firmness to the siomai mixture. If breadcrumbs are not available, you may use leftover pandesal or sliced bread.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Squash is one of the major ingredients of vegetable sioami which is rich in Beta-Caretone. It is an antioxidant essential for good eye health.