Lechon KawaliAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 1/4 kilo (1250g) Pork belly, 1-2 blocks
- 2 1/2 tsps. (12.5g) Salt
- 1 pack (11g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 5 pcs. (3g) Bay leaves
- 1 1/2 Tbsps. (15g) Whole peppercorn
- 6 cups (1500ml) Water
- 4 cups (1000ml) Cooking oil
- SEASON. Rub salt and AJI-NO-MOTO® on pork belly. Let it rest for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- BOIL. In a pot, combine pork belly, bay leaves, peppercorn, and water. Boil and simmer for 45 minutes or until tender. Drain then set aside to cool until skin is dry.
- DEEP-FRY. In a pan, heat oil. Deep-fry pork belly until golden brown and crispy. Let it cool completely.
- SERVE. Slice pork belly into bite-size pieces. Transfer to a plate, serve and enjoy.
After boiling the pork belly, you may place the pork belly in the fridge to help the skin dry faster for a crispier lechon kawali.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Pork is a good source of Vitamin B12 that supports nerves and brain health.