Adobong PutiAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 kilo (1000g) Chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 cup (250ml) Vinegar, white
- 1/2 cup (50g) Garlic, crushed
- 1 pc. (1g) Bayleaf, dried, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. (0.6g) Peppercorn, cracked
- 1 cup (250ml) Water
- 2 cups (500ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 pack (5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 4 Tbsps. (60g) Sugar, white
- 1 tsp. (5g) Salt, iodized
- BOIL & SIMMER. In a pot, combine chicken, vinegar, garlic, bay leaf, peppercorn, and water. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat then simmer until chicken is tender. Remove chicken from the sauce. Set aside.
- DEEP-FRY. In a separate pan, heat oil. Deep-fry chicken until browned and skin is crispy. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander.
- SIMMER. Place chicken pieces back to the sauce then simmer until liquid is reduced to half.
- SEASON. Add AJI-NO-MOTO®, sugar, and salt. Mix well and simmer for 1 minute.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve and enjoy.
Deep-frying the chicken gives a more desirable and crispy texture of the skin.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes Preparation: 10 minutes Servings: 8 Serving size: 1 slice (75g) chicken, 4 Tbsps. (56ml) sauce
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Chicken is a rich source of Niacin that helps maintain a healthy skin and good memory.