Asian Style Vegetable and Tofu SoupAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 8 cups (2000ml) Water
- 2 cups (150g) Broccoli florets
- 1 1/4 cups (180g) Carrots, sliced, half-moon
- 1 3/4 cups (180g) Sayote, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cups (150g) Dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Soy sauce
- 1 tsp. (5ml) Sesame oil
- 1 tsp. (1.2g) Ginger, grated
- 1 pc. (0.6g) Red chili, sliced
- 1 1/2 tsps. (7.5g) Salt
- 3 1/2 cups (560g) Tofu, cubed
- 1 pack (8g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsps. (15g) Leeks, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. (9g) Sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- BLANCH. In a pot of boiling water, blanch each vegetable separately for 3-5 minutes each. Drain then place on an ice bath to prevent overcooking.
- SIMMER. In the same pot, add the rehydrated shiitake mushrooms, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red chili, and tofu. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- SEASON. Add AJI-GINISA® then let it simmer for another minute. Add the cooked vegetables then stir well.
- SERVE. Transfer soup to individual bowls. Garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds (optional). Serve and enjoy.
Blanching the vegetables helps avoid them from overcooking. This process also preserves the vegetables' color and nutrients.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Aside from meat and chicken, tofu is also a wonderful source of Protein that is plant-based and contains no Cholesterol.