Chicken and Malunggay in Coco MilkAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup (30g) Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (30g) Garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Ginger strips
- 1 Kilo (1000g) Chicken, cut into serving sizes
- 2 cups (400ml) Coconut milk
- 1-2pcs. (5g) Jalapeno, well-cleaned
- 1 cup (200g) Green papaya, wedged
- 1/2 cup (13g) Malunggay leaves, well-cleaned
- 1/2 pack (5.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp. (1.25g) Pepper, black, ground
- SAUTÉ. In a pan with hot oil, sauté onion, garlic and ginger. Add chicken and cook until tender.
- BOIL. Pour coconut milk and let it boil. Stir once in awhile to prevent burning the coconut milk.
- SIMMER. Lower the fire until sauce is reduced. Add jalapeno and green papaya. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Add malunggay leaves.
- SEASON. Add AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning, fish sauce and pepper. Mix well.
- SERVE. Transfer to a bowl and serve while hot.
You may blanch malunggay leaves and just add at the last step of your cooking to avoid having over cooked greens.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 31% Original seasoning/condiment: 1/4 cup (approx. 70ml) Fish sauce. Malunggay leaves contain Calcium and Phosphorous which help keep bones healthy and strong.