Chinese Style Steamed FishSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce, AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Pampano, cleaned
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Ginger, sliced
- 3 Tbsps. (30g) Green Leeks, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. (2g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Rice Wine
- 1 pack (30g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1 cup (250ml) Water
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) White Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7.5g) Ginger, grated
- 3 Tbsps. (30g) White Leeks, sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7.5g) Garlic, grated
- 1 tsp. (5ml) Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp. (5g) Cilantro, fresh (optional)
- STUFF & SEASON. Add ginger slices and sliced green leeks inside the pampano fish. Season with AJI-NO-MOTO® and rice wine. Set aside.
- BOIL. To make the sauce, in a pan, add SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce, water, soy sauce, sugar, grated ginger, white leeks, and garlic. Bring to a boil. Then add sesame oil and cilantro stems. Set aside.
- STEAM. In a steamer, add the fish and steam for 10 minutes. Remove the accumulated liquid then add the prepared sauce to the fish. Then steam for another 10 minutes.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving platter then garnish with cilantro leaves. Enjoy hot with steamed rice.
Removing the accumulated liquid at the first half of cooking helps reduce the fishy or "lansa" taste. But you may opt not to remove the liquid.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Pampano is a rich source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids which help decrease the risk for heart diseases.