Homemade Korean CorndogsAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 3/4 cup (90g) Hotcake mix
- 1/2 pack (5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Water
- 4 pcs. (280g) Hotdog, halved crosswise
- 4 pcs. (140g) Mozzarella cheese, rectangular block
- 1/2 cup (50g) Breadcrumbs
- 2 cups (500ml) Oil, for frying
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Sugar, white (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Ketchup (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Mustard (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Mayonnaise (optional)
- MIX. In a bowl, combine hotcake mix, AJI-NO-MOTO®, and water. Set aside.
- ASSEMBLE. Place hotdog and mozzarella on hotdog sticks, with the hotdog at the bottom and mozzarella on top.
- COAT & DEEP-FRY. Coat the hotdog and mozzarella with the batter then roll-on breadcrumbs. In a casserole with heated oil, deep-fry the corndogs until golden brown and crispy. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander.
- SERVE. Transfer to a plate. Optional to lightly coat with sugar then drizzle with ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise. Serve and enjoy!
To easily coat the corndog with the batter, pour the batter in a thin tall glass then dip the whole corndog. This helps ensure an evenly coated corndog.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Aside from Calcium, cheese is also a good source of Zinc that supports wound healing and immunity.