Korean Braised TofuAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 tsps. (10ml) Cooking oil
- 1/3 cup (150g) Beef, ground
- 1 tsp. (5g) Garlic, grated
- 1 tsp. (5g) Ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup (20g) Leeks, white part, chopped
- 1 block (400g) Tofu, soft, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Water
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Soy sauce
- 1 tsp. (5ml) Fish sauce
- 1/2 pack (5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 tsps. (10g) Sugar, brown
- 1 tsp. (10g) Gochujang
- 1 tsp. (5ml) Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Leeks, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 tsp. (1g) Sesame seeds, toasted
- SAUTE. Heat oil in a pot and sauté beef until browned. Add garlic, ginger, and leeks, then saute until fragrant.
- SEASON & BOIL. Add tofu and water in the pot then season with soy sauce, fish sauce, AJI-NO-MOTO®, sugar and gochujang, let it boil.
- SIMMER. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- SERVE. Transfer into a serving bowl then pour sesame oil all over, optional to put leeks and sesame seeds on top. Serve & enjoy while hot!
Mix gochugang with small amount of water so that it will dissolve easily in the soup.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Beef is rich in Iron. Without enough iron, there will be only few red blood cells to transport oxygen in your body, which causes fatigue.