Mushroom & Chicken Oatmeal RisottoAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 1/4 tsps. (6ml) Cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp. (8g) Onion, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp. (4g) Garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup (70g) Chicken breast fillet, diced
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Dried mushrooms, rehydrated, sliced
- 7 Tbsps. (40g) Rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (200ml) Water
- 1 pc. (3ml) Calamansi juice
- 1 1/4 tsps. (6ml) Fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp. (1g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. (7g) Parmesan, grated
- 1 tsp. (2g) Parsley, finely chopped(optional)
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add chicken breast and cook until light brown. Add mushrooms and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- BOIL. & SIMMER. Add the rolled oats, stir then add 1/4 cup of water. Let it simmer until thickened then add 1/4 cup of water at a time until the rolled oats have bloomed and have fully absorbed the water. This can take up to 10 minutes.
- SEASON. Add calamansi juice, fish sauce, and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Mix well.
- SERVE. Transfer the oatmeal risotto onto a plate then top with parmesan and parsley (optional). Serve!
You may substitute rolled oats with instant oats but reduce the water by 1-2 cups because instant oats are already pre-cooked.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Oats are good source of beta-glucan, a soluble fiber which is known to have antitumor and anti-inflammatory effects.