Pork AfritadaAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) Cooking oil
- 1/3 cup (42 g) Onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) Garlic, crushed
- 1 kilo (1,000 g) Pork, Afritada cut
- 1 cup (250 ml) Tomato sauce
- 2 cups (500 ml) Water
- 1-2 pieces (1 g) Bay leaves, crushed
- 1 cup (163 g) Potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup (250 g) Carrots, cubed
- 1/4 cup (50 g) Red Bell Pepper, cut into squares
- 1/4 cup (50 g) Green Bell Pepper, cut into squares
- 1/2 pack (6 g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Fish sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.25 g) Pepper
- Sauté. In a pan, heat oil , sauté onion and garlic. Add pork and sauté until light brown.
- Boil & Simmer. Pour tomato sauce and water and let it boil. Add bay leaves and cook in medium heat for 20 minutes or until pork gets tender. You can add water if needed. Add potatoes, carrots and cook for 5 minutes. Add bell peppers and simmer for a few minutes.
- Season & Simmer. Sprinkle half pack of AJI-NO-MOTO®, add fish sauce and pepper. Mix well and simmer for 1 minute. Turn off fire.
- Serve. Transfer on a serving bowl and serve hot.
Never buy meat that has foul smell and pale in color, it indicates that is no longer safe for consumption.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Pork Afritada has tomato sauce which is rich in Vitamin A that is important to eye sight’s health, reproduction and fetal development. It is also a good source of Lycopene that is beneficial to heart health.