Chicken Cordon Bleu MeatballCRISPY FRY® Breading Mix (Original)
Cordon Bleu Meatballs:
- 0.7 kilo (700g) Ground chicken
- 3/4 cup (100g) Ham, chopped
- 1 cup (70g) Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup (50g) Onion, minced
- 1 pc. (50g) Chicken egg
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Fresh milk
- 1 pack (62g) CRISPY FRY® Breading Mix (Original)
- 2 cups (500ml) Cooking oil
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Butter, unsalted
- 2 1/4 Tbsps. (33.7g) All-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (180ml) Evaporated milk
- 1 cup (240ml) Water
- 1/3 tsp. (4g) Salt
- 1/4 tsp. (0.6g) Ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsps. (10g) Parsley, chopped (optional)
- MIX & MOLD. To make the cordon bleu meatballs, combine ground chicken, ham, cheese, onion, and egg in a large bowl. Mix well then form into 2 Tbsps. sized meatballs.
- DIP & COAT. Dip meatballs in milk then coat in CRISPY FRY® Original.
- DEEP-FRY. In a pot, heat oil. Deep-fry each cordon bleu meatball until golden brown. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander. Set aside.
- SIMMER & SEASON. To prepare the sauce, melt butter in a saucepan. Mix in the flour then slowly pour evaporated milk and water. Stir until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- SERVE. Transfer cordon bleu meatballs unto a plate. Serve with the white sauce on the side then garnish with parsley (optional).
After molding, put meatballs in the freezer for atleast 5 minutes so that It can hold its shape while frying.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes Preparation: 30 minutes Servings: 12 Serving size: 2 pieces meatball + 2 Tbsps. Sauce (107.75g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Chicken contains Tryptophan, an amino acid which has been linked to higher level of Serotonin. It plays a key role in body functions such as mood, sleep, and digestion.