Sweet and Sour TilapiaAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups (500ml) Cooking oil
- 1 kilo (1000g) Tilapia, cleaned and gutted
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 1 cup (90g) Ginger, sliced
- 1/4 cup (35g) Onion, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) Carrot, sliced
- 1 cup (100g) Red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup (100g) Green bell pepper, sliced
- 4 cups (1000ml) Water
- 4 Tbsps. (60g) Tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) White sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. (0.6g) Black pepper, ground
- 3 packs (24g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Water
- DEEP-FRY. In a pan, heat oil. Deep-fry tilapia until golden brown and crispy. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander.
- SAUTÉ. In a separate pan, heat oil. Sauté ginger, onion, carrot, red and green bell pepper until fragrant.
- SIMMER. Add water and simmer for 5 minutes. Add tomato paste and sugar. Mix well then add vinegar. Let simmer without stirring.
- SEASON. Add black pepper and AJI-GINISA®. Mix well. Stir in cornstarch mixture and simmer until thickened.
- SERVE. Transfer tilapia on a plate then pour the prepared sauce. Serve while hot.
You may opt to add pineapples and bell peppers to the sauce for added sweetness and a more complex flavor.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes Preparation: 10 minutes Servings: 10 Serving size: 1 slice (75g) fish + 1 cup (200ml) sauce
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tilapia is rich in Selenium, an antioxidant that helps fight against free-radicals.