BringheAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup (75g) Onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Garlic, crushed
- 1/4 kilo (250g) Chicken, cut into serving size
- 1 cup (200g) Pork meat, strips
- 1 cup (200g) Glutinous rice
- 1 cup (200g) Long grain rice
- 1 tsp. (5g) Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. (5g) Salt
- 1/4 tsp. (1.25g) Pepper, black, ground
- 1/2 pack (5.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 cups (500ml) Water
- 2 cups (500ml) Coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (40g) Red bell pepper, strips
- 1/4 cup (40g) Green bell pepper, strips
- 1 pc. (1g) Banana leaf, well-cleaned
- 4 pcs. (240g) Egg, hard-boiled
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil and sauté onion, garlic, chicken, pork, glutinous rice and long grain rice.
- SEASON. Add turmeric powder, salt, pepper and AJI-NO-MOTO®.
- BOIL & STEAM. Add water and coconut milk. Stir to combine. Add green and red bell pepper. Cover with banana leaf. Let it boil, then lower heat to simmer. Then let the remaining heat steam the rice until cooked. Stir once in a while to prevent scorching at the bottom. Top with boiled egg and heat for another minute.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving bowl, and serve while hot.
For added flavor, you may add chicken liver.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 41% Original seasoning/condiment: 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Fish sauce, 2 tsps. (10g) Salt. Rice is a good Carbohydrate source to supply the body’s need for energy.