Chicken ArrozcaldoAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 6 cups (1,500 ml) Water
- 1/2 kilo (500 g) Chicken, cut into serving sizes
- 2 Tbsps. (30 ml) Oil
- 1 cup (150 g) Onion, sliced
- 3 Tbsps. (18 g) Ginger, crushed
- 2 Tbsps. (20 g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (100 g) Malagkit rice (Glutinous rice)
- 1/2 cup (100 g) Rice
- 6 cups (1,500 ml) Chicken broth (from boiled chicken)
- 5 tsps. (25 ml) Fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp. (1.25 g) Pepper, ground, black
- 1 pack (10 g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 tsp. (5 g) Kasubha (Saffron)
- 4 Tbsps. (20 g) Toasted garlic (optional)
- 8 Tbsps. (5 g) Spring onion, chopped (optional)
- Boil. In a pot add water and chicken. Let it boil until chicken is tender. Set aside both chicken meat and broth.
- Sauté. In a pan, heat oil and sauté onion, ginger and garlic until fragrant. Add chicken and cook until surface slightly turns brown.
- Boil. Add rice and malagkit rice. Stir to mix completely. Add 6 cups of chicken broth and let it boil until rice is cooked. Stir constantly to avoid lumps.
- Season. Add fish sauce, pepper, AJI-NO-MOTO® and kasubha.
- Serve. Transfer to bowls and top with toasted garlic and spring onions, as desired. Serve and enjoy.
Adjust the quantity of chicken broth to achieve your desired consistency.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes Preparation: 10 minutes Servings: 8 Serving size: 1 cup (125 g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Rice porridge is a good energy-giving breakfast to fuel up your day!