Chicken SopasAJI-SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp. (13g) Onion, sliced
- 2 tsps. (8g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (80g) Chicken, cubed
- 1/2 cup (68g) Carrots, diced
- 4 cups (1000ml) Water
- 1 cup (110g) Elbow macaroni, raw
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Milk, evaporated
- 1/2 pack (9g) AJI-SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup (25g) Cabbage, shredded
- SAUTÉ. In a casserole, heat oil. Sauté onion and garlic until aromatic. Add chicken and sauté until slightly brown. Add carrots and cook for 30 seconds.
- BOIL. Add water and boil until big bubbles form. Add elbow macaroni then cook until firm to bite or "al dente". Add milk then mix well.
- SEASON. Add AJI-SHIO® Pepper. Mix well.
- SIMMER & SERVE. Add cabbage then simmer for one (1) minute. Turn off the heat then transfer sopas to a serving bowl. Serve and enjoy while hot.
Add cabbage just before turning off the heat to avoid it from overcooking and to retain most of its nutrients.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
This Chicken Sopas recipe is a good source of Calcium that strengthens bones and teeth.