Egg & Tofu CalderetaSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Oil
- 1 1/2 cups (250g) Tofu, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Onion, minced
- 3 Tbsps. (45g) Tomato paste
- 2 cups (500ml) Water
- 1 3/4 cups (250g) Carrots, sliced into wedges
- 3/4 cup (100g) Potato, quartered
- 3/4 cup (100g) Green peas, frozen
- 1/2 cup (50g) Bell pepper, strips
- 1/8 tsp. (2.5g) Salt, iodized
- 1 pack (30g) Sarsaya® Oyster Sauce
- 1/8 tsp. (0.5g) Black pepper, ground
- 5 pcs. (250g) Egg, boiled, peeled
- 5 cups (800g) Rice, boiled
- 5 pcs (250g) Banana (or any fruit)
- FRY. Heat oil in pan then fry tofu until golden brown. Drain excess oil in a colander and set aside.
- SAUTE. In the same pan, remove some oil and leave 1 tablespoon. Add garlic and onion then sauté until fragrant. Mix-in tomato paste then continue to sauté for 1 minute.
- SIMMER. Pour water into the pan then add carrots and potato, simmer for 5 minutes or until soft. Then add green peas, bell pepper, and fried tofu, simmer for another 2 minutes.
- SEASON. Add salt, Sarsaya® Oyster Sauce, and black pepper. Mix-in the eggs and combine well.
- SERVE. Transfer into a serving bowl then serve with rice and fruit. Enjoy!
To cook hard boiled eggs, boil it for 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 5 Serving size: 1 pc. egg + 1 1/4 cups veg., tofu, sauce + 1 cup rice + 1 banana (424g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Egg is a good source of Vitamin D which helps the body absorb and retain Calcium for healthy teeth and bones.