Grilled Chicken with Beans and PeppersSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Chicken breast fillet, strips
- 1 pack (30g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsps. (22.5ml) Calamansi juice
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 1/4 kilo (250g) Baguio beans, sticks
- 1/3 cup (50g) Red bell pepper, strips
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) Salt, iodized
- 1/4 tsp. (0.6g) Ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. (9g) Sesame seeds (optional)
- MARINATE. In a bowl, combine chicken, SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, calamansi, and garlic. Mix well and marinate for at least 30 minutes, ideally overnight.
- SEAR. In a pan, heat oil. Sear chicken pieces until light brown.
- STIR-FRY & SEASON. Add baguio beans and bell pepper. Stir-fry for a minute then add salt and pepper. Cook for another minute.
- SERVE. Transfer to a plate. Serve with sesame seeds (optional).
In searing the chicken, place the chicken pieces on the pan in a single layer to avoid it from steaming and promoting moisture that prevents browning of the meat. If this happens, let the liquid evaporate from the pan first without stirring and flipping the chicken.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Chicken, particularly the breast part, contains the most amount of Niacin, which helps our body make energy from the food we eat.