Lean Beef NilagaAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 7L (7000ml) Water
- 1 1/2 kilo (1500g) Beef round, cut into serving size
- 3/4 cup (100g) Red onion, quartered
- 1 tsp (3g) Whole peppercorns
- 3 pcs. (700g) Yellow corn on cob, cut into 3 pieces
- 3 1/2 cups (500g) Potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 Tbsps. (60ml) Fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tsps. Iodized salt
- 1 pack (10g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 cups (200g) Baguio beans, trimmed
- 1 head (530g) Cabbage, medium size, quartered
- 4 bundles (240g) Pechay, leaves separated
- 1 cup (70g) Onion leeks, bias cut
- BOIL. In a pressure cooker, pour in water and add the beef. Seal the pressure cooker carefully and let it boil. Once the pressure cooker whistles, continue to cook the meat for 30 minutes. Switch off your fire and let the steam escape, before carefully opening the pressure cooker.
- BOIL. Switch on fire and add red onions, whole peppercorns, corn and potatoes. Cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- SEASON. Add fish sauce, salt and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Mix well.
- BOIL. Add the remaining vegetables- baguio beans, cabbage, pechay, and onion leeks. Cook for 1 minute.
- SERVE. Transfer Lean Beef Nilaga to a bowl then serve with 1 1/2 cups rice and 1 pc banana.
When buying fresh lean beef cuts, make sure that the meat is bright red in color and has no off-odor. Avoid beef that has white fat streaks or edges to lower fat consumption.
Cooking Time: 60 minutes Preparation: 10 minutes Servings: 9 Serving size: -1 bowl Lean Beef Nilaga (325g) -1 1/2 cup Rice (240g) -1 piece Banana (80g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Ascorbic Acid (mg)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Beef is a good source of Protein which is essential in building and repairing muscles and tissues.