Tuna Stuffed PeppersAJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
- 3 pcs. (490 g) Capsicum, cut into half, seeds removed
- 2 tsps. (9 g) Butter, unsalted
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) Milk, evaporated
- 1 tsp. (6 g) All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp. (1.5 g) Salt
- 1/4 tsp. (0.5 gram) Pepper, ground, black
- 1/2 pack (5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 cup (195 g) Potatoes, boiled, cubed
- 2/3 cup (144 g) Tuna, chunked
- 1 Tbsp. (12 g) Bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsps. (21 g) Cheese, cheddar, grated
- CUT. Using a knife, cut capsicum into half then remove the seeds.
- MIX. In a hot saucepan, melt the butter then add milk, flour, salt, pepper, and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Cook until it thickens. Add boiled potatoes and tuna chunks, mix well then set aside.
- ASSEMBLE. In a roasting pan assemble the capsicum and add the potato- tuna mixture. Cover with bread crumbs and cheese.
- BAKE. In a pre-heated oven, bake capsicum at 170°C (340°F) for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven to cool.
- SERVE. Transfer on a platter, assemble the cooked stuffed pepper, serve and enjoy.
You can also use a portable kitchen torch to brown your peppers, but it is a slow process.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Red bell peppers are a great source of Vitamin B6 and Folate. Both these vitamins and minerals can help prevent anemia.